This program was designed to help youth develop at a pace that is right for them. When they come out to a HEAL Program it will include a variety of interactions and learning, about horses and about ourselves. Safety is always a high priority and paired with our gentle and loving horses are our highly trained facilitators.
The program includes:
- Personal introductions to get to know other group members
- Getting to know the nature of the horse: how they are non-judgmental and give unconditional love
- Team building activities as a group and with horses
- Identifying different colours and markings of horses
- Learning herd dynamics
- Grooming/bathing techniques
- Handling techniques
- Body language and groundwork techniques
- How horses communicate
- Parts of tack
- Tacking up
- Personal Confidence
- Non-verbal communication
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Goal setting and planning
Animal Treatment Programs Are Becoming More Widely Recognized!
HEAL workshops are ‘therapedic’.
Our Horses and Healing Programs are designed to create lifelong skills by working with horses to gain personal achievements through equine activities.
Youth make short-term gains in behaviour development that prepare them for long-term success. HEAL uses horsemanship skills integrated with team building techniques to help develop strong positive relationships. Students also benefit by learning and developing skills in horse handling and proper horse care.
When working with horses there are endless possibilities.
Our program facilitators work with each of youth, helping them develop themselves and their horsemanship skills at their own speed.
We focus on each youth.
The HEAL Program allows all Youth to discover their inner self. Horses as teachers empower Youth to deal with their fears, anxiety and anger. Youth are able to recognize their own gifts, while learning how to create healthy boundaries and healthy relationships.
Why use horses (horse therapy)?
- Horses are highly intuitive animals.
- Horses are non-judgmental and give unconditional love.
- Horses have distinct personalities, which allow them to be leaders as well as followers.
- Horses are able to push boundaries and mirror human emotions.
- Horses are teachers and partners, which help people overcome and deal with real-life challenges, become in-tune with emotions, reduce anxiety, provide feedback and help people to become focussed and goal-oriented .
Interested applicants can apply via Peterborough Social Services for potential funding
Disclaimer: It is important to do your own research and make your own informed decisions. Please note we do not endorse any specific therapy, product, treatment, opinions, or individual. We do, however, endorse your right to information.